- Is it possible broadcast an intercom message throughout the company?
- How do I intercom a single phone extension?
- How to page via the deskphones?
Case A: intercom a single phone extension
- Pick up the handset from a deskphone.
- Press *0 then input the extension.
- The line will use the Speakerphone of the phone without requiring the user to accept the call.
- If that phone user also has a headset and the speakerphone is set to first try the headset, then it will use the headset as speakerphone.
Case B: intercom a group (only applicable for MITEL/AASTRA phones)
- Setting up the paging key:
- Press the double or triple dot key until you see a button labeled 'Keys'.
- Press the Keys button.
- Choose Phone Top Keys then press Select.
- Scroll down until you find an unassigned slot then press Select.
- Scroll down until you find Paging then press Select.
- Locate the Paging key, it may be on an alternate page, if so, press the double or triple dot button on the side of the display.
- Press the Paging key and start talking. You won't hear anyone responding as this is a one-way multicast method.
- If some phones speakers don't have any audio, then the phone is set for Headset/Speaker instead of Speaker. Either leave it as that or change it to Speaker depending on the individual phone case at hand.
- To change to Speaker only or Speaker/Headset, please follow this knowledge article: 217166947.