- How do I best setup data VLAN in conjunction with voice VLAN for my PC/MAC which is wired via the phone?
- Should I setup the data VLAN ID on the phone or on the router/switch?
- As your organization may grow or your network may change over time, Voxter recommends setting the data VLAN ID at the router/switch level instead of the phone level.
- This is beneficial in the cases where phones are shipped to personal homes (remote users) or a different office that may not use VLAN or with a different VLAN configuration.
- The second benefit is for the third possibility of untagged packets passing through the switch/router and how to handle it. By default, the phone should pass your connected PC/MAC packets as untagged instead of the voice's VLAN.