How do I send (redirect) a live call directly to voicemail instead of ringing the recipients' phone?
Step 1: Enable the ability to redirect a call to a voicemail
- Have the administrator login into PISTON using the admin login provided by Voxter.
- Hover the mouse over 'Hosted PBX' (or 'VoIP Services') then click Feature Codes.
- Click Show All on the top right.
- Under 'Miscellaneous', add a checkmark to 'Direct to voicemail'.
- Click Save.
Step 2: Redirect the caller directly to a voicemail box
- Advise the caller you are transferring the call directly to the recipients' voicemail box.
- Press the transfer key on the phone.
- In rapid succession, input '**' and the extension number.
- Press the transfer key on the phone to complete the transfer.