I get a "401" when I try to authenticate with my SIP application like Zoiper or Bria.
Case A: one or more of these three are incorrect: username, password or host
- Verify that the username, password or host that was provided to you by your designated administrator or Voxter is correct.
- Verify that the host points to your voice service server.
- For PISTON, it should point to a Voxter server similar to mycompany.sip.voxter.com (please verify the exact spelling from the information provided by either your designated PISTON administrator or Voxter.
- For anything else (like FreePBX), verify that it should point to the actual PBX server. It may be an IP or a subdomain. Please verify with your PBX designated admin (or Voxter support if this is managed by Voxter).
- click this article 204733540 for options to reach Voxter.
Case B: I am running my own PBX server
- Verify that the IP address from the device you are wanting to have access is whitelisted in your firewall.
- Verify that the username is matching the extension number in your PBX.
- Verify that the password is matching the 'Secret' field in the Extension object.
- verify that the host should be the actual PBX server IP or subdomain.
- Verify that the extension's NAT is enabled if behind a router and crossing a public IP.