- Our receptionist is wondering if there is a way to determine if an incoming call is intended for them or has arrived via the main office-number "press 0" call flow?
- Can I append a prefix in the caller ID for incoming calls?
Yes, it is possible to append a short label prefix inside a call flow in PISTON to accomplish this:
- In PISTON, go to 'call flow' under 'PBX Services'.
- Select the call flow in question.
- On the right side, click CALLER ID section.
- Select and drag the 'Prepend' box onto the 'Menu' box in the middle.
- Fill in the Menu option as normal and click OK.
- The next window prompt is where you add the prefix: either a number or label prefix.
- Most commonly, for the reception, you could use "MAIN" as prefix.
- For Sales, you could use "SALES" as prefix.
- And so on.