- We are getting spammed by a phone number (caller ID) repeatedly.
- Can we block or blacklist a phone number?
Step 1: Adding a blacklist rule
- Write down the caller ID or Caller Name exactly as it is showing on the phone display.
- Login to PISTON as the admin login.
- Under 'Hosted PBX' (or VoIP Services), go to 'Advanced' then click Blacklists.
- Click ADD BLACKLIST.
- In the 'Name' field, enter a text description.
- Click Add Number.
- Enter in the caller ID or Caller Name that you noted in step 1.
- It has to match 100%.
- Example, if you saw 604-555-6666 on your phone display then you need to enter exactly that including the dashes but without the parenthesis.
Step 2: Enabling the blacklist rule
- In Piston, under 'Hosted PBX', click Account Details.
- Click the Advanced tab then Options.
- Under 'List of active blacklist', click Add a blacklist to this account.
- Select the blacklist you just created.
- Click Add.
- Click Save.