How do I configure Zoiper soft phone for use with my Voxter services for Android or iOS?
Get in touch with Customer Success and let them know that you want to set up a soft phone, in turn they will assign you the following:
- SIP USERNAME
- SIP PASSWORD
- DOMAIN/REALM e.g. companyname.company.sip.voxter.com
These will be key in setting up your soft phone. Please note that these details are entirely separate and different from your desk phone/piston log in credentials.
- Download and start Zoiper.
- You’ll be greeted with an Account Setup Screen. Input your Sip Username and Sip Password here and hit Create an Account.
- Hostname Provider will be the domain we will have sent you, hit Next and Use Anyway when a pop up window appears.
- Hit Skip on the next screen.
- Select SIP UDP from the 4 options. It may say ‘untested’ but select it anyway.
- Hit Finish and your Zoiper should be registered and ready to make and receive calls!
- Start Zoiper.
- Tap Settings on the bottom right.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap the + sign on the top right.
- When prompted "Do you already have an account...." tap Yes.
- Tap Manual configuration.
- Tap SIP account.
- Fill in the following:
- Account name: it can be anything such as 'Voxter'.
- Domain: input the realm given by you from Voxter.
- Username: input the SIP username of the device provided to you by Voxter.
- Password: input the SIP password of the device provided to you by Voxter
- Leave the optional items blank.
- Tap Register.
- On the lower left, tap Dialpad.