When I call a specific phone number (external to our company), I always get a busy tone.
This may happen for various reasons. We will walk through a few things to check:
- Is it affecting people outside the Voxter Network too?
- Try calling the same number using a cell phone, or any phone that is not connected to the Voxter network.
- If the problem persists, then the issue is related to the carrier receiving the call (the service provider of the person you're calling).
- This may be due to the destination carrier having reached a maximum number of concurrent phone lines.
- The destination carrier may be blocking incoming calls from your region/area/country.
- Including other extensions within your company, or even Voicemail (*97). Test placing calls to other numbers to determine whether or not the issue is with the far end, or the phone you're placing the call from.
- If you are unable to dial any number, please Reboot your phone.
- If the issue still persists, please contact Voxter Support
- Log in to your account at https://manage.voxter.com
- Click Hosted PBX at the top of the screen
- Underneath the Advanced section, select Carriers
- Ensure that Use Voxter as my Phone Company is selected (it will be highlighted in bright blue)