- Why is my phone saying "No Service" and I am not receiving nor able to make calls?
- I get "Configuration Error: Configuration file cannot be generated. Please contact your administrator" prior to "No Service XXNAXX".
- I get XXNAXX displayed on my phone.
- Generally, when a phone says "No Service", it means it has lost its connection to Voxter's servers.
- That means either the connection inside the building is down (Phone LAN) or the connection to the outside is down (voice connection).
- Another possibility is the piston device attached to the extension has been deleted.
Case I: I only get "No Service"
- Please ensure that there is a network cable properly plugged into the back of the phone and that the other end is properly plugged into a network jack.
- Have your IT administrator involved and troubleshoot the phone network (phone LAN to the phone DSL modem).
- If necessary, reboot the router, modem and switch on your end.
- Restart the problematic phone(s).
- See article 204308974 for steps on how to reboot your phone.
Case II: I get "Configuration Error: Configuration file cannot be generated. Please contact your administrator" prior to "No Service XXNAXX"
- Please contact Voxter Support to troubleshoot the issue further.
Case III: The piston device attached to the extension has been deleted
- Login to the Management Portal as an admin.
- Locate if there is a device matching the extension number under Hosted PBX, Advanced, Devices.
- If there is none, then the device has been deleted.
- On the AASTRA/MITEL phone, logout the extension. It is important this step be taken.
- Go to Hosted PBX>Extensions and delete the user (this will delete the associated callflow, voicemail and extension).
- Recreate the extension.
- Login on the AASTRA/MITEL phone.