How do I setup (provision) my new or existing Polycom phone to my account with Voxter?
- Login to your account in manage.voxter.com
- Go to Hosted PBX -> Advanced -> Devices.
- Find the device name that you would like to attach your new phone to and select it.
- Select your Polycom model and enter your phone's MAC address. You are able to find it on the back of your phone. Once done - press "Save".
Once this is done you would need to tell your phone to download it's configuration from Voxter.
Configure phone using phone's web portal
- Login to your phone's web interface with an assigned IP via your web browser. If you don't know what's the IP of your phone, you can find it by going to Menu -> Status -> Network -> TCP/IP Interfaces on your phone.
- Enter username as "Admin" and the password (The default is "456").
- Once logged in, select Settings -> Provisioning.
- Change Server type to HTTP.
- Input the server IP address as 'p.voxter.com'
- Ensure 'Tag SN to UA' is set to 'enabled'.
- Open DCHP Menu and set Boot Server to 'static'.
- Leave the rest as default, so that the configuration would look like the following:
- Press "Save" button and restart the phone.
Configure phone using phone interface
- On the phone, press Menu, Settings, Advanced.
- Enter the phone's password.
- The default is '456'.
- To enter periods, press the star key on your phone's keypad.
- If you enter an incorrect number, you can press the backspace/delete button located under the arrow buttons to backspace/delete your entry.
- Your entries should look like the following example illustration.