How do I setup Jitsi on my laptop for VoIP calls?
- Download and install the desktop package matching your operating system at https://jitsi.org/Main/Download under "JITSI DESKTOP STABLE BUILD LINE"
- Start the Jitsi application from your operating system.
- Upon the first startup of Jitsi, a "Configure all your favourite protocols in one click" window appears.
- In the SIP section, you are prompted for your SIP username and SIP password. The following steps explain how to locate this information in PISTON:
- Login as the admin user on the PISTON interface at http://manage.voxter.com
- If you are not using a deskphone:
- Under Hosted PBX, Advanced, Devices, locate the device matching your extension.
- Select the extension on the left pane.
- Click Advanced then SIP.
- Copy the username and password fields.
- Copy the Realm field.
- If you are already using a deskphone:
- Under Hosted PBX, Advanced, Devices, then create a new device by clicking Add Device on the top left.
- Select VOIP PHone then fill in the information requested for the "Device Nickname" and "Assigned To".
- Click the SIP tab.
- It is suggested you rename the username to include the extension number + an extra label. For example, if it is ext 1001, then set it to 1001_jitsi.
- Don't forget to click Save.
- example firstname.lastname@example.org.