- My Vtech wireless handset gives this message on the phone display and is not responding immediately after I get an incoming phone call (it rings once):
- "out of range or no power at base"
- The date/time of the phone also changes and is no longer current.
- Other incoming phone calls work fine.
- This has been observed on the VTECH VSP601 handset.
Case: call ID Name is too long
- Verify if the caller ID Name is too long.
- It has been observed that a caller ID of 20 alphanumeric letters causes this to crash the phone. Shortening it to 16 alphanumeric letters works fine. This was primarily because the use of PREPEND in a callflow expanded the caller ID Name to more letters.
- Handset Firmware 18.104.22.168-0 has been observed to have this bug.
Case: handset assignments are using the same account
- Verify if there is more than one handset that is set to register to the same account:
- Go to SYSTEM, Handset Settings, Account Assignments.
- Verify that the handset does not overlap the same account with another handset.
- If so, uncheck and assign a different Default account for each handset.
- To reset the handset date/time, remove the battery from the handset for 30 seconds then put it back.